Thursday, April 30, 2015

Spring/summer skin care:My top 5 Day Cream with SPF30

If skin's number one concern in the winter is moisturization, then in the summer will be sun protection. Don't get me wrong, I wear day cream with SPF30 all year round.

Quick facts of my skin: dry in the winter(0~-25°C), normal in the summer((20-30°C) here in Eastern Canada. Current age:41

We all know the importance of wearing sunscreen. When your skin is in contact with the sun, you need protection. With so many options in the market. I do not settle with the day creams with SPF lower than 30. Keep in mind that the SPF do not add up from all the products that you apply on your face(wearing SPF30 day cream + SPF15 foundation ≠ SPF45, it's still SPF30). If you plan to stay under the sun for long hours, you will have to re-apply the product or opt for creams with higher SPFs. These day creams are simple moisturizer have with little or no fragrance. They do not leave a white film on my skin therefore I'd like to share with you guys!




La Roche Posay HYDRAPHASE UV LOTION SPF 30


50ml CAD$40

Although I do not rank these day creams, I have to give the number 1 title to La Roche Posay Hydraphase UV lotion SPF 30. I've lost count of the bottles that I've used all those years. It gets absorb quickly by the skin and give a beautiful glow without greasy feel.  It is very moisturizing and gives long-lasting hydration. I wear it all year round except the few super hot weeks in the summer.





Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital High Potency Daily Moisturizing Lotion Vitamin Enriched UVA/UVB SPF 30 Sunscreen 

1.7 oz/50ml $58

A very long name but very straight forward moisturizer with SPF30. It is lightly scented but not overpowering (by now I don't expect any French skin care to be totally unscented)
It is a light moisturizer that I like to wear to prep the skin for makeup at the moment.
At first I did not look for day creams over $40 (the price of LRP Hydraphase UV), but I purchased the value set from Sephora.ca which with the price of the lotion also comes with 15ml Eye Treatment SPF 28 Sunscreen and 0.5 oz. Night Moisturizing Cream. Very good deal!












Eucerin Daily Protection™ Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 30

60ml/CAD$12

I've tried a few drugstore day creams but they all made my skin develop some tiny white milia, so I rarely try drug store facial moisturizers. However I really like this lotion as it does not irritate my skin and provides good moisturization. It does have the typical suncreen scent and needs a bit time for the skin to absorb but very comfortable to wear, not to mention the price is great!











Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30 

75ml/$26CAD
I picked up this bottle whilst shopping for brightening serum and eye treatments at Kiehls.ca.  This moisturizer has a texture that is richer than Lancome Bienfait lotion but lighter than Eucerin lotion. It is truly unscented thus great for sensitive skin.  The price is very reasonable and there's larger bottle available (however does not seem to have better value).













Naruko 10X peptide ultra-light UV lotion SPF30 

50ml/CAD$19

Last but not least, I have to mention this ultra light lotion from Naruko. This ulta-lightweight lotion is designed for the hot-humid weather like Taiwan has. I use this lotion during the hot summer days as well as traveling in France last summer.
Naruko is a Taiwanese skin care company that claims to use plant base ingredients and offers products at drug store price. I also like to use its Magnolia Brightening and Firming Whitening Lotion & Magnolia Brightening and Firming Whitening Lotion in the summer. I was happy to find out Naruko's Canadian website, but most of the products are at least 30% higher compare to the price in Taiwan. I usually refill my stock during my visit in Taiwan.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...