Thursday, November 6, 2014

September 2014 Topbox Canada regular box review + FLARE Beauty Box

Topbox has not offered attractive Privé boxes (to me) in the past few months. However the last few regular boxes that I received have interesting and customized items, so I picked the regular Topbox again for September. I also purchased the $9.99 FLARE box.

This regular Topbox contains:

lukab0073.blogspot.ca




TEEEZ Nail Lacquer in Raging Ruby 8.5ml $15 (full size)

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, 0.75 oz. $4.10

ILLUMALIFT Brightening cream $??

BIODERMA Sebium Foaming Gel 15 mL $1.50


The total value of this box is about $20 + Illumalift, which I think could worth $10.


TEEEZ Nail Lacquer in Raging Ruby 8.5ml $15 Love it!

Did Topbox read my mind? I was just thinking about getting a darker red nail polish for fall, and Topbox gave me this gorgeous bottle to end my search. The color is deep, warm burgundy red without shimmer. The formula is creamy with great consistency that applies smoothly, and two coats is sufficient to give out the opaqueness of the color. Drying time is good as well. 

Although the price is at the higher side that I would normally spend ($10), I would definitely splurge on TEEEZ nail polish if the right color comes up. The thing is, I can't find retailers in Canada carrying TEEEZ products.  Any help? 



Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 156ml $29 Like it.

As my hair gets dryer and fall out a lot more easily due to aging, coloring, and perhaps side effect from my medication for my cancer, I am on the hunt of dry shampoo to decrease the frequency of hair washing. This dry shampoo leaves hair soft and refreshed and add a bit of texture. The fragrance is strong but pleasant(personal opinion). A little goes a long way. I've over done it once and I could see the the white powder on my hair brush. 



ILLUMALIFT  brightening cream 3.5g $33 Unexpectedly great! 

At first I was not too sure about this yellow concealer from an unknown company. However when I apply it on to my skin, it actually blends in quite well and brightens my dull areas, particularly my dark undereye circles, in a very natural way.  My eyes look instantly more awake, and lifted. Although it does not cover up my sun spot like it claims, I do like how natural it looks on my skin. On the good days when my skin feel nice and fresh,  this is the only product I use to prep my skin.

There's no where to be found the size of this sample. Therefor I can't give a value of this sample. But you really don't need a lot of it each time you use it, so the sample size is actually quite generous. I've been using it for over a month (about 3-4 time a week) and the product is less than half way gone.  I think the company should package this product at this size and sell it at lower price. It would be more affordable for this new product and definitely more hygienic. 



BIODERMA Sebium Foaming Gel 200ML $19.95 Wrong skin type ><

This cleansing gel is not for my type of skin so no comment. I gave it away to my sister in law which has been using it for a while. She likes it for her combination/oily skin.



Aside from the Bioderma cleansing gel that does not fit my skin type, I'm quite happy with the other 3 items. I think that's what getting these beauty boxes is all about: trying and finding the hidden beauty gems! 



I also bought an extra FLARE box for $9.99. This is probably the cheapest extra box ever offered. Even though all products are drugstore, the total value is way over the cost. For hair care, I usually use drugstore products anyway.


This box contains 4 full size items:

Pantene Blowout Extend Dry Shampoo 140g $5.99

Pantene Ultimate 10 BB Creme 10 in 1 Beauty Balm for Hair 151ml $6.99

Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Mascara in Very Black 13ml $8.99

Clairol One Free Hair Colour product maxium value $16


The full size products value more than $30. I picked up Clairol Age Defy Hair Color in #5 Medium Brown, priced at $11.99 at Target. There are also 2 small samples (OLAY ultra moisture body wash & OLAY Regenerist micro sculpting cream, which comes in an un-labelled jar) that I have way too many in my storage. 




Overall, the products from Flare box perform below my expectation. The dry shampoo has coarser texture than the Amika one that I received from the regular. The BB beauty balm is a bit heavy for my fine and thin hair. As for the Lashblast Mascara, although it comes with a wand that I prefer, the formula is not waterproof, now I use it to tint my eye brows. 

But I wouldn't say that the money was wasted. At least I paid less for the hair color and I did use Pantene dry shampoo to texturize my son's hair on Halloween.  I will think more carefully next time for those extra boxes....




No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...