Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Quick review Sephora Birthday Gift: Make Up Forever lipstick & mascara set

The birthday month usually is the month that I check up my beauty inventories and use the discount or bonus offer to restock favorite items or whatever is running low.

Unfortunately (or fortunatly), I have nothing running low. So I went to the store and made a very small purchase to pick up this birthday gift.

This birthday gift for Sephora Beauty Insider members contains two items from Make Up For Ever:
Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift: MUFE lipstick & mascara set



  • ROUGE ARTIST NATURAL lipstick in N9 Copper Pink, 1.5g
  • SMOKY EXTRAVAGANT mascara in black 4ml

  • Both are in generous sample size and the set worths about CAD$24 (full size lipstick 3.5g CAD$23, mascara 4ml CAD$14). 

    I love the lipstick. The color is the perfect "My Lips but Better" shade. It adds a very subtle shine and warmth to my lips. The texture is smooth and creamy and the color seems to stay on the lips even after the shine is gone.  
    However the mascara does not pass the challenge from my ultra sensitive eyes. Even though I like that the brush has a precision tip that separates lashes and great for using on the bottom lashes. The formula of this mascara is very liquidy which makes my lashes stick to each other fairly easily. Though the formula does not irritate my eyes, after a few sneezes from the seasonal allergy that I'm suffering very mildly, the mascara was literally wiped out by my tears.  

    I searched this two products on the web, I found that this lipstick comes in stunning 52 shades. I would definitely check out the darker shades for the season. The mascara also comes in waterproof version. However I'm very happy with my drug store L'oreal Butterfly waterproof mascara at the moment, I would probably not spending money trying high end mascara. 


    Also on my face:
    Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Cream Makeup in Gentle Beige (for concealing)
    Shu Uemura hard formula in seal brown
    The Balm How 'bout Them Apples Lip and Cheek Cream Palette in Caramel
    NYX Slide On Pencil in Jet Black


    Thanks for reading!    









    No comments:

    Post a Comment



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...