Friday, June 6, 2014

My hair care routine (for colored hair)

my hair care routine
My hair profile: fine, thin, and colored dark brown

I have fine and thin and very slow growing hair.  Now I'm in my 40's, I can see my hair turns grey here and there. Coloring my hair has become a maintenance at the beginning of each season, hence my hair care products are mainly for color protection. 

Everyday:

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Protecting Moisturising Shampoo & Conditioner
I like John Frieda's hair coloring products, naturally I pick up their shampoo and conditioner for a try and I like them as well. Both shampoo and conditioner give just the right amount of moisture to my fine and thin hair without weighting it down. 


Once a week:

Aveda Clove Color Conditioner
This is the only conditioner that I can find within my reach that has colorant and will deposit rather temporary (good for a few wishes) color on hair. I use this conditioner to preserve the color once a week or give a boost before a special occasion.  I rub this conditioner on the root of my hair where the color tends to fade the quickest and leave it for about 5 minutes. Be sure to rinse your hair thoroughly as it could also stain your towels. 

Although on Aveda's website it says the conditioner deep-conditions, I find this product a lot less moisturizing than John Frieda's. This condition also has a shampoo to pair with, however I do not see the actual color protecting benefit from the shampoo, on top that the shampoo also drys my hair a lot.  

Also once a week:


NEXXUS Humectress Ultimate Moisture Deep Conditioning Treatment 
Not sure if it has to do with the therapy or simplying the aging process, my hair after chemotherapy is dryer than before; furthermore, hair coloring does effect my hair quality. I like this NEXXUS treatment as my hair became stronger and less dry after merely 2 uses, and It does not weight down my hair. Normally I use this treatment once a week, and few days before coloring my hair. 

My hair care routine
From left to right:
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Protecting Moisturising Shampoo
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Color Protecting Moisturising Conditioner
Aveda Clove Color Conditioner
NEXXUS Humectress Ultimate Moisture Deep Conditioning Treatment 


Shout out
Once a while, I borrow my family's John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner, Dove Energize shampoo & conditioner for a change. Cause they smell so good! 






No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...