Friday, June 20, 2014

June 2014 Topbox Canada regular box

lukab0073.blogspot.ca

This month's prive box options were rather uninspiring, so I picked the regular box. The box contains:
  • TEEEZ Chain of Stones Nail Lacquer in Jealously Jade, 8.5ml $15 (full size)
lukab0073This is my favorite item of the pack and the reason that I want to blog this month's Topbox. This is a teal-turquoise, bluish-green type of color with a vintage feel without any shimmer. Although this is not the usual color that I would normally  pick, somehow it goes very well with my current skin tone. For this I have to give it to Topbox. In the past I have received a few bottles of nail polish with colors that are out of my comfort zone, but I ended up liking them and learn to wear them. It almost seems like Topbox is trying to lure me into a more colorful world, and right now I'm thinking what do I have in my wardrobe to match this nail polish, maybe simply black....

So out of curiosity I went to check out TEEEZ.eu. The color of this nail polish on the website is way off from the actual color (too blue and bright),  and there's nowhere to find out how to purchase their products, for the moment....
  • Barefoot Venus Lip Fable, 4g $7.5 (full size)
I'm never a big fan of products in a jar type container that I have to dip my fingers in for the hygienic reason. But I like the fact that it is 99.9% natural,  I will keep it at home and use it with a lip brush.
  • KMS California HAIRSTAY style boost, 71g, about $8.2 (full size 190g $22)
I rarely use hair styling products. The hair styling products that I've received from beauty boxes are more than enough to fulfill my styling needs. This is a nice sample size and act as a primer for hair styling products. It comes out of the bottle like a mousse but "crackles" into a gel. I use it according to the instruction: apply it towel-dried hair, but blow dry my hair directly without other styling products. It helps holding my very fine and thin hair well and keeping the blow dry volume through out the day.   Happy to receive this one!
  • BIODERMA Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel, 100ml, about $2.99 (full size 500ml $14.95)
Although the value of this shower gel is the lowest among this month's samples, this is a fairly large sample which I always appreciate, and it has my skin type written on the label. It comes handy for the up coming summer travel. I will definitely give it a try! 



Overall the box is worth about $34 and I would use all of the products so I'm quite satisfied with this month's box.  I'm looking forward to the next Topbox!




Topbox Canada Dermalogica box review

First topbox Canada October 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...