Monday, May 5, 2014

April/early spring skin care favorites 2014


My skin profile: Dry, slightly pigmented and sensitive.

Hi everyone!

This April the weather  here was still pretty much like winter for most parts of the world, around 0 °C, so moisturizing my skin was the major goal for my skin care routine. In general I do not prefer skin care products with added fragrance. Here are the products that I used and liked in April to help me get through the cold spring.

Cleansing

Muji (mild) Cleansing Oil
Spring skin care favorite
Muji (www.muji.com) is a Japanese lifestyle design brand that carries items from clothing to snacks to cleansing oil. I purchased this oil in Taiwan during my trip in Janurary. This oil is not from it's sensitive line, but is free of fragrance, colorant, and mineral oil. I use it to remove all my make up, including waterproof mascara and it works nicely to remove all my make up without irritating my eyes even before rinsing. My skin feels clean with perfect hydration level after rinsing off with warm water . I use 1 full pump of  oil with the technique that I learned from AsahiSasaki's video about how to remove make up with cleansing oil (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVGfn1EFBN4 ). However most of the time I will follow with the Cetaphil cleanser.  BTW, 200 ml for about $12 a bottle adds lots of bonus points about this product.  

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Spring skin care favorite
This is a mild, fragrance-free cleanser that I use for most of the year, except some hot summer days. I use it mainly for facial cleansing, also for my 4 year old daughter's body when her skin becomes irritated and itchy. It does not form but does make my skin feels clean and not drying. 

Moisturizing

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV Lotion SPF30
Spring skin care favorite
I've used 3 bottles of this lotion and I use it pretty much all year round. It gives my skin a healthy, dewy look and without causing irritation, although I do try to avoid applying too close to my eye area.  It has a very mild scent, but does not bother me at all. In it's website it states this lotion is for "Dehydrated skin, first signs of skin aging (fine lines, loss of radiance, age spots)", I do not see the difference on my pigmented spots. 


Naruko
Taiwan Magnolia Brightening and Firming Whitening Lotion EX (left)
Taiwan Magnolia Brightening and Firming Night Jelly EX
Spring skin care favorites
I first tried Naruko products about 5 years ago and this is my favorite line of the brand. The Taiwan Magnolia line clams to not only firm but also whiten the skin. As all of the Naruko products have scents from their ingredients, these two do have a lightly floral scent. 
The lotion is quite light and easily absorbed into my skin. The night jelly is actually more of a cream texture than a "jelly" that I expected, but moisturizes my skin very well. However I never like to use product in a jar which I need to dip my fingers in to get the product. I may be using it's serum plus the lotion at night in the next winter. 

The products are also very affordable (and the company constantly offers combo pricing). It does have a Canadian website www.narukocanada.com , but is very badly designed and the products are a lot more expensive than in Asia. 


Special treatment

AVEDA Enbrightenment™ Brightening Intensive Massage Masque
Spring skin care favorite
This is a bi-weekly intensive treatment massage-in masque with plant-powered brightening blend to diminish the appearance of discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. It tingles a little when I first apply on my skin, but leaves my skin hydrated,  overall brightened, and very smooth. Together with the Naruko Magnolia lotion and night cream, I can see visible improvement of my pigmented spots have faded quite a bit after 2 months of use. 


What are your favorite skin care this spring? 


Have a nice May! 



No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...